Sunday, January 17, 2010

Boom, Boom, Pow!


Alivia starting walking! It only took a week to learn the valuable lesson that no one warned me about. Once kids start walking, they start getting "bumps" and "bruises." Because this story wouldn't be believable without proof, I've attached photos.

1-4-10 Alivia had been walking about a week and was quite comfortable with the concept. She and I were playing downstairs while Brian was working. On this night she was content circling the room over and over, because she could. It was very adorable until.....while doing her laps, Alivia picked up a burp rag and covered her head. Not able to see, she trip and landed SMACK into the front of the entertainment center. It wasn't even a corner or an edge, but the goose egg was immediate.

Alivia cried for 10 seconds and then pushed her way out of my lap so she could continue walking in circles. Mommy, on the other hand, cried the whole night. I also snuck into her room several times during the night to make sure she was OK.

The next few days Brian and I were apprehensive about taking her out in public. Yes, she's still gorgeous, but it was quite the distraction. I will never again judge moms of 1+ year olds who have random bruises on their heads. It is not their fault.

Day 1: Minutes after the fall





Day 2: Swelling down, bruising up

No comments:

Post a Comment