Sunday, February 14, 2010

Getting Down to Business


The last two bath nights we've had incidents of going potty on the floor. I get Alivia undressed, she tugs at her diaper to let me know that has to come off too, and then in the instant that I turn my head to check the water temperature we have a mess. The first time was funny, the second, not so much.

Paranoid mom decided that we should introduce the potty. It's never too early, right? I figure it can be a fixture to her bathroom and tell her how exciting it is to use. So instead of candy, clothes or toys, Alivia got a frog potty for Valentines Day. Here are a couple photos of her modeling it. We'll do our first real attempt at bath time tonight.

Doing a little reading...


A proud new owner

Alivia is a big fan of going in and sitting on her potty (pretty sure she thinks it's a chair), but I've noticed she has a hard time getting up. Give it 2 days and she'll know how to get up and take it apart too.

I've heard m&ms work as a reward. We might start with animal crackers and see if that's enough incentive.

Stay Tuned!

No comments:

Post a Comment