Sunday, April 18, 2010

So many books, So little time....


Every single day Alivia amazes me in some way. Yesterday while reading books before bed, Alivia's eye caught a glimpse of the book I was reading. I was hesitant to let her play with my book since it was a hardcover and all she knows are durable board books.

To my surprise, when I handed her my book, Alivia very carefully paged through the book pretending to read me each page. She did this for more than 10 minutes and then expressed interest in getting out of the comfy chair we were in. I was even more shocked when little miss Alivia climbed off the chair, still holding my book, and walked over to her basket. She carefully placed my book in, turned around and basically let me know her work was done.


Alivia surveying her nighttime reading choices.


Alivia's basket of books


Alivia's basket of books + mommy's book

No comments:

Post a Comment