Saturday, December 26, 2009

Alivia reads Olivia


The first thing people usually say after meeting Alivia is, "Oh my, she sure isn't shy, is she?" Nope, our little one is quite the entertainer. I'm not too surprised that I've been replaced during story time. At bedtime (and sometimes during the middle of the day) Alivia will rip the book we're reading out of my hands and read it to me instead.

Take for example, "Olivia's Opposites," a stocking stuffer she received from Santa. I don't know if she likes that there are only 1-2 words on a page, or that the illustrations are simplistic, but she is all about reading it....over, and over and over. The voice she uses is pretty funny too. It almost sounds like she's scolding you as she reads. Her eyebrow scrunch up and her lips contort into all different shapes. I'll try to get a video of this. Until then, here are pictures of "story time."


Quiet...Loud Loud...Quiet


Up...Down


Mommy, did you get that, or do I have to repeat it?

Perhaps we have a librarian on our hands like great Aunt Ruth?





No comments:

Post a Comment